The Assignment The Ages and Stages Questionnaires is a developmental screening tool that pinpoints developmental progress in children between the ages of one month to five and a half years. Practice using the ASQ-3. Observe a three year old child using the provided ASQ-3 or provide the document to a parent or caregiver of a three year old child.
The provided ASQ-3 may be used with a child that is in the age range of 34 months/16 days old through 38 months/30 days old. Once the observation is complete,( you may observe a child or give the document to a parent or caregiver) change roles and go into teacher mode. As the teacher, practice scoring the ASQ-3. Using the observational data you have gathered from the completed ASQ-3 to assess your target child’s learning and development across a variety of domains. Be sure to fill out the version of the ASQ completed on a three year old child in its entirety. The ASQ form link is provided with the other additional resources for this activity. After you have filled out the ASQ (complete the age of your child), complete a write up that answers the following questions:
1. What did you learn about your target child by completing the ASQ ?
2. What are the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment?
3. What are his strengths or weaknesses?
4. What learning goals should I set for this student?
5. Is additional, more targeted, testing needed?
6. Is the student a candidate for intervention?
7. Which skills is he ready to learn?
8. Is he achieving typical growth? Resources: Websites listed under Additional Resources, Video- How One Child Care Center Uses The ASQ,Textbook: Chapter 5