PERSUASIVE SPEECH – “THE PRODUCT SPEECH”
You will persuade your audience (the class) to be interested/motivated to purchase a product based on the following criteria.
· real (something we can see and touch)
· be able to purchase online or in a local store
· current retail price- $1 to $500 US
· not anything living, like a pet, etc.
· not a weapon of any kind
· not a drug, alcohol, etc.
· nothing distasteful or potentially offensive to others
· persuade the audience to support your product.
· no services or gift cards
· LENGTH – Your presentation will last from two minutes – two minutes and thirty seconds. Any longer or shorter will reduce your grade.
· AUDIENCE – Not required, Optional.
· OUTLINE – You will turn in a complete sentence outline in dropbox.
· REFERENCES – You should have at least two credible references in your bibliography. Your references should be in the same document as your outline.
· DELIVERY – You may speak from keywords on note cards, a copy of your outline.
· VISUAL AID: You may use the actual product to display in your video or create a PowerPoint. You must embed your video in the PowerPoint. Do not record your speech with your laptop next to you, as your Visual Aid cannot be seen in that format.
· SPEECH UPLOAD – Upload your speech to LaunchPad following the instructions below. Video editing and video stopping/pausing are NOT allowed.