This project is designed to allow you to complete primary components of a quality improvement project. The information and data will be provided to you in class and/or in documents. You will use this information to work through the Six Sigma DMAIC process. This is the second phase of this project.
· This Phase of your term project is due via the Assignment Link by 11:59 PM, Eastern. Sunday on the due date.
· This Phase of your term project is worth 75 of the 300 total points for the project.
· Late Work will not be accepted.
Part 2 (Measure)
In this phase, you will be required to complete the Measure phase of the problem. You will need to define the Critical to Quality elements and how to measure them. Data will be provided to you, and you must develop Control Charts for the CTQ data. These measurements are for the baseline period. The baseline period is the period of time prior to you implementing the project change(s). Later, in the Control Phase, you will compare the baseline period to the periods after the process change(s) are made. This allows you to see if the project changes actually identified the root cause and corrected/improved the process.
Make certain you are referring to the Discussion Forum on the CTQ measurements before you recommend your CTQ’s.
1. Develop Critical to Quality components of this project for both internal and external customers. Following the discussion on the forum this week, your instructor will determine which CTQ elements will be used.
a. For each of these, write a short section on how this process is measured.
2. Prepare baseline measurement control charts based on the data file that has been provided to you.
a. One Chart for each measurement. See notes on the require chart format
b. Baseline control charts must be prepared in Excel and copied into your project Word document once you are done. You will submit ONLY the Word document that will include the copies of the charts.