This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin.Instructions
The human resource department is updating its HIPAA Basic Training for Privacy and Security course. As a security analyst for the hospital, you have been tasked with covering the topics in the training related to the HIPAA security rule and the information that hospital staff need to know regarding personally identifiable information (PII), personal health information (PHI), and electronic personal health information (ePHI) to comply with federal regulations.
This week, you will submit your PowerPoint presentation. The presentation should include narrative voice overlays for each slide. Include one to two slides (i.e. for a total of 4-8 slides) for each bullet point below explaining the following:
- HIPAA Security Rule (1-2 slides )
- HIPAA, PII, PHI, and ePHI Definitions (1-2 slides )
- Safeguarding of PII, PHI, and ePHI (1-2 slides )
- Disclosures of PII, PHI, and ePHI (1-2 slides )
The slide count of your presentation does not include the title slide, table of the content slide, introduction slide, and references slide. Include 2-3 quality references to support your assertions.
Use the given PowerPoint template in the project template section under the content area. You may also want to refer to the from last week.
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
In this training guide, you will demonstrate how to integrate your IT skills in an organizational setting. Youll be combining your technical skills with effective communication techniques to provide learning resources for the client/customer.
You will not be evaluated on the voice recording quality.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.2.2: Employ a format, style, and tone appropriate to the audience, context, and goal.
- 1.3.3: Integrate appropriate credible sources to illustrate and validate ideas.
- 1.4.2: Use vocabulary appropriate for the discipline, genre, and intended audience.
- 2.3.3: Explain inferences and deductions that follow logically from the evidence provided.
- 12.1.3: Communicate policies, processes, and/or procedures to stakeholders.
- 12.3.1: Select controls.
- 12.3.2: Describe the implementation of controls.
- 12.3.3: Explain how to assess controls.
- 12.9.1: Describe organizational compliance with government legislation that impacts technology.
- 12.9.2: Explain organizational compliance with industry regulations.