Module 11: Neoclassicism and the Eighteenth Century
· Initial discussion board posts are due by 11:59 P.M. on Thursday. For your initial discussion post, you should:
· select one of the questions below:
· How do works of literature during this era demonstrate connections to classic literature?
· What is the power of satire during this era?
· How are cultural norms demonstrated or challenged during this era?
· How are shifts in power driven by religion, politics, new knowledge, and culture evidenced in these works?
· write a well developed paragraph around 250 to 300 words that answers the question and includes:
· a clearly defined topic sentence
· at least one MLA formatted quotation from the assigned readings of literature for this module
· three or more sentences that explain how the quotation supports the topic sentence
· Be careful not to confuse editorial sections of the assigned readings with the literature (poems, stories, sermons, speeches, essays, etc.)