In this discussion, we will explore cognition and the world as it is today. To answer the questions below, use the required resources as well as your own life experiences. Your initial post should be a minimum of 200 words. When you describe ideas that are not your own, be sure to paraphrase and not use direct quotations.
Knowing what we do now about the true capacity of the human mind, or a better estimate of what it can do, have we built a world and a society that is beneficial to cognition or not?
For your initial post, you can consider the following questions to help you answer this question:
· Are Google and social media good for us? Are the distractions that these sites present good, or do they overtax our attention? Is the extension to cognition offered by these technologies worth it, relative to any detrimental effects to cognition?
· What role may deep fakes play in cognition, with their ability to fool our perception, memory, and/or decision making? Why is this significant? What implications might this have for society, the entertainment industry, and the political sphere?
· When you move away from the individual and move into groups, how do cognitive abilities interact to create social currents like human rights, nationalism, and social justice, for example?
· How does the concept of cognition in the modern world apply to at least one of the following programmatic course themes?
· Social justice
· Emotional intelligence (EI)
· Career connections